Thursday, June 18, 2015

Stay Strong Charleston



I moved recently from Charleston, South Carolina. I lived there for over 5 years and fell in love with the city. I had a lot of words to say initially. And none of them really mean much right now. I'm feeling preoccupied and teary trying to understand how a terrorist can walk into a church in one of busiest areas of Charleston and take the lives of peaceful strangers. I had to stop thinking about that person while trying to find the list of people who were killed. In five years I've made a lot of friends and care about a lot of people I left behind. I think everyone in Charleston held their breath while they read through the names. Those nine names; Susie, Ethel, Clementa, Depayne, Myra, Daniel, Tywanza, and Sharonda to be the ones my thoughts go to. I dont want to waste another moment thinking about or giving press to their killer.

To my friends, church friends, activists, and local Mommas in Charleston who are in shock, sad, and upset; I miss you and thinking of all of you. I am sending you all the love in my heart.
Stay Strong Charleston, You are loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment