Friday, August 28, 2015

Organic Monster Bites



I adore a good crunchy apple smeared in peanut butter. It is so good, like dessert good. I'd snack on apple slices dipped in peanut butter a few times a week. It is something I used to do, before kids.  Like many Moms, I have a child with a food allergy. Food allergies change the entire scope of your life, especially when they are severe. Food allergies have risen 600% in the last 15 years. YIKES!!  I live with a child who has severe food allergies. I admit, I miss my peanut butter. I never realized how much of I ate until it became verboten in my house.

I've found a few good substitutes, Soy Wonder, Wonderbutter, and Sunflower butter. The latter option if ok, and is best on a sammich. Soy butter is thicker and works really well when trying to substitute or replicate peanut butter awesomeness. With organic roasted soy butter, I've been able to replicate some treats for my whole family to enjoy. 





This is a little creative snack-- with a switch out to soy butter, it is allergy friendly. Keep your choices organic. I've seen a variation with fresh strawberry tongues. A good friend of mine Abbie suggested using freeze dried strawberries! A dried fruit or freeze dried fruit option will certainly survive the lunch box trip to school.

Here is what I chose:

Pink Crisp Organic Apple
Wonder Butter
Raw, Organic Sunflower Seeds
Organic Banana Chips

1. Slice apples into quarters.
2. Cut out mouth shape--- make it big.
3. Cram in as many sunflower teeth as you can
4. Dollop of soy butter to hold in the 'tongue'
5. Enjoy or pack into a container for sack lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment